Thursday, July 7, 2011

Inspiration!

Have you ever had one of those moments where you just HAD to try something? Has it nagged you constantly until you finally gave in and tried that cruel seductress? Well, I was having one of those days today after getting my new book in the mail today!

So, for those of you who don't know, this is the book I got:

 
(This picture is of Baroness Sine's copy, not mine ^_^)


I am in love with it. There are so many things to learn, and ways to help me get the most out of weaving. Now, I haven't read through the book yet, but I have skimmed and just so happened to stumble upon, Chapter VI. Pick It Up.

JACKPOT!!

This is what I've been trying to learn for at least a month now, but online sources are scarce and videos are even harder to come by. You see why I was itching to get something done today. This something. Well......more specifically;


this something. It's a pretty little tree!
(hopefully you didn't need the explanation or else I have more work to do)

Here's the warping, excuse the heating pads under the bed <_<;;


I'm really proud of how it's turning out so far. I can't wait to try more patterns that are in the book. There are 4 different types of pick-up; Brocade, Basket weave background, spotted background (Andean Pebble Weave me thinks?) and horizontal stripe background. Each style has many different selections of patterns to choose from! So much to do, so little time!!

I should be off! Time to head to A&S night where I can get some of these patterns written down to finish this piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment