Monday, August 29, 2011

It's almost time!

That's right, winter is fast approaching, and you know what that means. SWEATERS! Since this is my first winter with knowing how to knit, I feel like taking a project that will not only be challenging and fulfilling, but also practical and something I'll use. Enter sweater patterns!


I have found quite a few patterns that really speak to me, including this Echo Lake Cardigan and also this Ginza Sportcoat. It's also more than that. I have recently purchased the book Men's Knits by Erika Knight. If you haven't seen this book, I highly recommend it. There's an amazing 1950's style cardigan, knitted with a dark-colored, bulky yarn. It looks so comfortable and amazing. Who can forget the Collegiate Cardigan and the Hand-Dyed Sweater? With so many amazing designs to choose from, it's hard to know where to start! So, I'm putting a call out to all of my readers. What do you suggest? Should I go for a sweater, or opt for the more versatile cardigan? I could see myself making either style, but I haven't made any of them before, so it's hard to pick what I like best.

Help?

No comments:

Post a Comment