Friday, January 20, 2012

FO Friday: Lots And Lots of Shawls!

What is it about blogging that makes me feel bad for not posting? I wish I knew. Anyway, I've been super busy and productive and I can't wait to show you what I've done! This post is going to be kept relatively short because company is coming over and I need to clean, but I thought you guys deserved an update.

First off is my Sharktooth. You might remember it from this post, but you might also remember that I started out with a different color. The Ella Rae wasn't quite working for what I needed, so I changed to one of my Christmas presents. The Cherry Tree Hill yarn in color Slate. I love how this turned out.

 

 







I learned a valuable lesson with this project. Counting and paying attention are very important. This shawl should technically have about 200 yards less yarn that it does, but I accidentally added 6 more pattern repeats, thus making this thing huge. But, I love it and I'm so happy it's done.


Next up is something I've already finished and showed off, but I finally got around to blocking the darn thing!
Here's my 3rd Herbivore! This was a fun and quick knit, and it's one of my favorites.



Finally is something I made for my DH with the yarn he got me for Christmas! Here's my Forest Gyllis! It's an amazing lace scarf made out of a worsted weight 100% wool yarn. The pictures don't show off the subtle yellow and green heather the yarn has, but I'll try to get better pictures later.



That's it for now, I'll do my best to post what I'm working on this Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment