Thursday, March 7, 2013

Spinning Fever!

This post will be a little short due to me packing and getting ready for Gulf Wars! We leave Saturday morning and I'm so very excited! Also, I'm working on a series of photo tutorials for some common knitting issues and fixes. I can't wait for those to come together.

 But, as mentioned in my last blog post, I've been spinning up a storm lately and I have finally spun and plied those beautiful braids of fiber and without further ado, here they are!


Fiber is plied and on the niddy noddy!
Skeined, washed and ready for its closeup! 

I really loved working with this yarn. Watching the colors transform and give the whole yarn a wonderful purple overtone was magical to watch. I can definitely say that there will be more experiments with color and plying! It's just too fun not to do! But, that's not everything I've spun. Oh no, I've finished more!


This is 4 oz of merino wool in a hunter green color. I completely spun and plied this wonderful skein at Nottinghill Coill's Baronial Birthday and Investiture last month. It was wonderfully relaxing and really added to the event for me. I think I'll be bringing my wheel to more events now. The camera messed with the color a bit, but you get the idea. This skein is a 2-ply and is delicious! I have an idea to make a bag out of this fiber, paired with some white I'll be spinning later on.

Here's a teaser of what I'm working currently! How about you guys? Have you been working on anything lately that you're super excited about?


100% merino wool in an undyed oatmeal color.


No comments:

Post a Comment