Sunday, February 10, 2013

MMMMMMMerino

I recently purchased some lovely handpainted merino top from Lanitum Ex Machina on Etsy, and I can't help but share how much I'm enjoying this fiber. Nea focuses on multicolor handpainted tops but there are also some pretty cool art batts available. If you get a chance, check her out.




The fiber is actually two separate 2oz braids in different colorways and are meant to be spun individually and plied together. The blue is called Blur and the red is called Downfall. The fiber glides through my hands and I think my experiment in spinning silk has helped me gain better control of my hand movements while spinning. I have only spun up the blue so far, but if the red is anywhere near as lovely, I'm in for a real treat. Here's a few teaser shots.





No comments:

Post a Comment