Friday, September 23, 2011

My Newest Addiction

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have become quite addicted to Ravelry. Almost to the point of forgetting about doing anything else productive.

What makes Ravelry so addictive you might ask? Well, it's a multi-layered answer. Of course there is the patterns database where there are literally thousands of free knitting and crochet patterns to choose from, and then there are the patterns that are created and sold right there on Ravelry! Normally I wouldn't really go for bought patterns, but when you see patters for things Herbivore and The Bee Keeper's Quilt for $6 or under? Yeah, I'm all over that stuff.


Herbivore by Stephen West

Speaking of those two patterns, it brings me to the next feature that I absolutely adore. My queue. Just as it sounds, it's a place where I can queue up all the projects I want to make and have them in one, pretty organized space. Once I get enough yarn for the project, Herbivore will definitely be on my knitting needles. 

Then there are the groups and forums! One in particular has stolen my heart. It's called the Karma Yarn Swap. The premise is fairly simple. You swap yarn, notions, patterns, finished objects, ect. It's amazing! I've already participated in a few swaps, resulting in one of my sashes finding a new and loving home! I also love everything that I've gotten in return for the swaps so far! 


Thinks like this: Berroco Ultra Alpaca


And This: Hand Painted Fleece Basic Sock


And this: Cherry Tree Hil Supersock Select


They're all so amazing! I have already finished a project with the alpaca yarn, and am currently working on something with the handpainted yarn. Once I find the camera, I'll post pictures so you all can see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment