Friday, June 17, 2011

Trim!!!

Weee! Ever since I got my inkle loom the weekend of Sapphire Joust (May 27-30) this year, I can't stop weaving on it! I have to admit, some of my other projects have fallen a bit by the wayside, but worry not ye of little faith, I shall finish them (eventually <_<;;)!!!



I really love how simple and relaxing weaving can be. Not to mention the fact that it's inspiring to watch little cones of thread become fabric! It's always so amazing and beautiful to me. That process is something that I have come to love about the fiber arts. Being able to transform one product and through some simple manipulations, create something beautiful is something that I hope I never lose the love of. I think at the heart of every fiber art enthusiast, there needs to be that raw passion to create and manipulate, watching something new come into the world through hard work, patience (sometimes a lot of patience) and a steady hand. I hope I never lose this sense of wonder for what I do. It's what keeps me wanting to do more and dig deeper.

Now, enough about that, wanna see what I've been making!? Cool! Me too! ^_^


This is the first trim that I made! I'm so proud of it. I got the thread I use for weaving at Earth Guild and it's amazing. A little on the pricy side, but for 800 yards per tube, I think it's well worth the investment.

Here's where I started experimenting with patterns! I love how you can make chains with inkle weaving! Such a simple design, but it has a great effect! 

Alright, this one took some time to get done. With how wide it is, advancing the warp was at times tricky, but I managed to do it! The pattern took some real concentration to warp, but it was well worth the effort in my humble opinion. :D

I loved making this trim. Clean and simple (notice it's the same pattern as the second picture?). I love how changing colors can change the look and feel of a completed piece. *swoon* I didn't really have any plans for this trim and one of my friends mentioned that they were his heraldic colors, so it became a gift! Hopefully he'll get some good use out of it. 

 Ahh, the belt...........*stab*. I joke. Kinda. At the request of Etienne, I wove him a belt. With silk/bamboo thread. Working with the nice smooth cotton is really awesome, the sticky, temperamental and cranky silk/bamboo? Not so much. Oh well, the finished product was beautiful and soft, and I guess it's a good starting place for when I start to weave with wool.  

 I'm really proud of this trim. It's the first thing I've made for a gift basket for another Kingdom (Caid, to be specific)! In fact, I've only made one other thing for a gift basket and that was at the baronial level. *shrugs* Oh well, at least now I know that I can make and give stuff to other kingdoms that they'll (hopefully) enjoy! I decided to use a different color for the weft threads on this trim. I wanted it to stand out and be unique, and I think I achieved that.


After a few commissions get finished and I make a belt for myself, I'll probably finish up my other projects. I still have a bag to knit for a friend and of course start getting ready for WoW and In The Phoenix Eye. So much to do!!

Until next time!
Bless your face

1 comment:

  1. Looks great!!! I'm sure I speak for many fiber artists when I say that you remind me of me when I first discovered all the things other than knitting and crochet, that you can do with thread/yarn. :) Welcome to the rest of your life. Unless you lose your hands in a horrible accident, you will never go without something to work on, from now on. :)

    hugs! So neat to see how far you're going, how fast!

    Doni/Oddny

    ReplyDelete